Life goes on. We can't just live in the past we must go on to the future!

E-mail me.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18th Blog Post

I have thought long and hard about this post. I have decided that my own creation will be about what technology I would like to use in my classroom. The first piece of technology I would love to use in my classroom is the SmartBoard. I love the different things I and my future students can do with the smart board. As a future English/Language Arts teacher I can't wait to come up with games on the SmartBoard that teaches the different part of a sentence! Or to come up with ways for my students to remember the characters in a book and what happened in the story. Another piece of technology I would love to use in my classroom is the Wordle: UntitledWordle! (click on the link to check out the wordle I made to show the different parts of speech and sentences) I think this will be a great learning tool for my students and something really cool to put on my classroom walls. My favorite technology though has to be making videos! I can't wait to show my students how to make videos for projects. I think this would be a great way for my students to understand the stories that we read in the classroom. For instance, if my class is reading Shakespeare, I can assign my students groups and each group a different Act and have them video a reenactment of Shakespeare in more modern words. I truly believe that this assignment would help my students understand Shakespeare or any other older piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment