Life goes on. We can't just live in the past we must go on to the future!

E-mail me.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010 Blog Homework: The Last Lecture

I just finished watching this lecture and I must say it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen or heard! What this man accomplished in his life even after he found out he was dying is one of the most remarkable things in this world. How many people can actually say they accomplished their dreams by living their life the right way despite all the obstacles they or other put in their way?

Mr. Pausch was a very remarkable man. I loved his idea getting people to learn with a head fake. I mean how remarkably simple is that. I think it's one of those "duh" moments to! I mean how many times have we tried to use reverse psychology on someone to get them to do something we want? That's all a head fake is, reverse psychology. What a wonderfully nice way to say use reverse psychology on your students, it works.

Another wonderful thing this man did was show how if you live your life in a caring, loving, way life will reward you. Everything this man accomplished he was able to accomplish because he lived his life the way one should. He didn't back stab anyone or sleep his way to the top. All he did was do his job to the best of his ability. He enjoyed life and no matter what happened, it happened for a reason and he accepted it.

Mr. Pausch looked like he was a wonderful professor who could capture not only his students' attention with ease but the entire student body's. I think even though his last lecture was for his children we could learn a lot from it, not only about how to live but how to teach as well. He was charismatic, fun loving, and just plain interesting to watch. He seems like he was one of those teachers you don't mind learning from. If we cold all remember to be charismatic about teaching and to have a positive out look on life no matter what happens not only would we be great teachers we would be terrific people in general.

2 comments:

  1. I also like the "head fake" philosophy. I think as teachers this philosophy would work very well with students learning. We can "head fake" them into learning something while they are having fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this video was truly inspiring. I also have children and I don't know if I could keep as positive an outlook if I was dealing with these circumstances.

    ReplyDelete