Life goes on. We can't just live in the past we must go on to the future!

E-mail me.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 28th Blog Assignment

I just got done reading Morgan Bayda's post. I completely agree with her and with Dan Brown. The world will leave the universities and schools behind if we refuse to catch up with it. The information is out there we just have to embrace the new way it is presented. I have begun to see the importance of this course after reading this blog. I know that even though I find this course difficult I must embrace what I am learning and go with the flow or risk being left behind! I am glad to here that her PLN has worked for her. I'm still not sure how mine is coming along (lol). I will continue to ask for help with it and continue to try and work on it. I believe that universities and schools alike must strive to use new technology in their classrooms. I feel cheated when I go into a middle school room to visit my old teacher and see that they are able to use a Smartboard. I have only seen a Smart board in one of my college classrooms and that is in out EDM 310 class, and WE DON'T EVEN USE IT! My one question is how are we to teach with this wonderful technology if we do not learn how to use it.


This is what I wrote on her blog:

I am glad to read that your PLN has gotten you a volunteer position! I completely agree with you that schools will be left behind if they refuse to catch up! I can sympathize with you on being cheated. I hate walking into a classroom and seeing a Smartboard or some other type of really cool technology and find out they we won’t be using it in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Morgan Bayda and Dan Brown as well. We have to keep up with the world around us or they will leave us behind. I enjoy using technology to learn and I find it more interesting also. When I go into schools, elementary schools in particular, and I see all of the tools that they are able to use and teach with I am jealous that I didn't have them as a child. It is cool that there are teachers who have taken the time to learn the technology, and it is even more cool that the children know how to use it too!!

    ReplyDelete