Life goes on. We can't just live in the past we must go on to the future!

E-mail me.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Comments for Classmates (catching up)

I made several of these before and recently discovered that they needed to be put on our blog. So here they are in order:

Week 3:
Jasmine Marshall
I completely agree with you. Teacher and students now days must must must understand and use the new technology or risk being left behind in the stone age, but they must also know how to teach without the technology. I also find myself on Facebook during classes and it is comforting to know that other people really do the same things.

Week 4:
Carlesia McIntosh
Though I wish your statement about drawing more people into the teaching profession were true, I really doubt more people will want to be teachers for many different reasons but mainly for the money. But if you think about it that is better for us because if you flood our market with more teachers and we become a dime a dozen then jobs will become more scarce for us then they already are.

I definitely agree with your SMARTboard podcast comment. How very rude and unprofessional of him to try and do a podcast in the middle of ordering lunch. I tried to listen to that three different times and still didn't get anything from it other than he ordered soup.

Amy Stork
Hi Amy! Sorry it has taken me so long to comment on this! I totally agree with what you are saying about using technology but at the same time I believe that we should also use books and writing. As a future English teacher I absolutely LOVE that blogging gets these students excited about writing and wanting to get better at it! Hopefully students everywhere will be able to have this experience and be able to get my students excited about writing again!

Week 6:
Kimberly McNorton
Isn't it sad that teachers are not student orientated? I agree with you about not trusting Wikipedia. As a future English teacher I will never allow it to be on a works cited page!

Angela Gagliano
I completely agree with you! I would also like to add that this helps us keep the parents informed. With this when a parent comes in asking for information we can show them the podcasts online and give them any further information they might ask for.

Week 7:
Lauriel Mcquieter
Awesome that you did your own research. iPods really are great learning tools if people use them that way. Isn't it wonderful that something as simple as learning can turn a child's day around and lift their self esteem?

Alicia Gunnerson
I completely agree with you! The statistics are amazing! Who would think that talking to children about internet safety would actually get to them? I really hope that everyone continues to educate themselves on internet safety.

Week 8:
Cara Noble
I agree with you distinguishing between propaganda and truth is very difficult. My advice would be to do more research on it. Visit different kinds of sites to see if there is anything that says the opposite of what you read. I also agree with you on inspiring teachers! This world needs teachers who are willing to learn and inspire and motivate others to want to learn!

Alex Harper
I can't wait till my first year of teaching either! I'm confused about iTunes U too. I'm sure there is a point maybe someone can explain it to us. I'm a little skeptical as to how schools would work without books though.

Week 9:
Michelle Jackson
I loved Mr. Paush's speech and was very inspired by him to be the best person I can be! It is amazing what he was able to accomplish in his life! I loved that he never gave up trying to inspire people even up to his dying day. He truly was a great man and the world lost a terrific educator. I hope you hear back from your kindergarten class you commented on soon.

The student for my class was not on the master list.

No comments:

Post a Comment