Life goes on. We can't just live in the past we must go on to the future!

E-mail me.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

January 31, 2010

SmartBoard Lessons Podcast
OK, first things first. Why in the world is he doing a podcast while he is ordering coffee? I feel this is extremely unprofessional, you would not take a conference call while you were in line to get coffee much less talk about your coffee and soup. Well, if you did you probably wouldn't keep your job for much longer. Now on to the important stuff. I found Mr. Hazzard's information interesting, though I did not get a whole lot of it because I was just so distracted about his coffee and soup. [By the way I love how it was 4.16. Maybe we should all go to Ontario for coffee and soup:)]

Kid Cast Episode 62
I think the speaker on this podcast is extremely correct! So many teachers have tried to incorporate videos they have made in their classrooms and it just completely fails. I love that the speaker goes step by step into how to do a video podcast and an audio podcast. This podcast was very helpful and I feel like when I become a teacher I will use this for my classrooms.

Racism in Photography
So I can only listen to a few minutes past 25 minutes. I completely agree that a photographer has the right to refuse a job. Who is anyone to say that even though this is against your beliefs and you aren't going to do a good job with it you have to do it. Though I do believe in accepting everyone for who they are, I believe that the people who the photographer refuses to take pictures of should be understanding of the photographer's either ignorance or beliefs and not fight it with more ignorance.

Episode 96
I absolutely LOVED this podcast! I think that incorporating the computer and the internet in classroom is a wonderful idea! Students now days identify with the internet more than with just pencil and paper. Students generally do get more excited when they get to create things and other people outside of their school get to see it. I have the opportunity to observe classes at a local middle school sporadically and I have seen students' faces light up when they get to do projects with the computer. I firmly believe that incorporating the internet into the classroom would be the best thing for students now days.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I totally agree. Couldn't you have waited until you were finished with your podcast before you ordered coffee? Wow! That was very unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete